Executive Chairman - Keith Bothongo
Keith Bothongo Esq, is a lawyer, father, philanthropist, businessman and entrepreneur. Born in Soweto, Johannesburg, he relocated to Botswana where he attended school and university.
After graduating from the University of Botswana in 1989 with a Bachelors degree in Economics and Statistics he travelled to the USA to further his studies and broaden his experience of other cultures. He graduated from the University of St Thomas in Minnesota, USA in 1992 with not one but two Masters degrees. Fascinated by the real estate industry, Keith remained in Minnesota and enrolled to study real estate and Insurance.
In 1993, Keith returned to Gaborone, Botswana, where he ventured into real estate and insurance, and did exceptionally well. After South Africa's first democratic elections in 1994, Keith and his family relocated back to South Africa where he established a real estate company specializing in property valuations, which was eventually commissioned by the Land Affairs Board to deal with land restitution matters in the area.
In 1998, Keith invested in his first commercial building in Johannesburg, and expanded into valuations, facilities management and property sales. His company was awarded the contract to manage the municipal roll for the City of Johannesburg which included the municipal valuation of Soweto. He continued to expand his property investments and now owns a multi-billion rand property portfolio as well as several South African and international commercial ventures.
After 18 years in business, Keith decided to continue his education at the University of Buckingham in the United Kingdom, successfully completing his Bachelor of Law (Hons.) followed by a Masters Degree in Law (LLM) specializing in International and Commercial Law.
- Diploma in Statistics: University of Botswana (1987)
- Bachelors degree in Statistics and Economics: University of Botswana (1989)
- Masters Degree in International Management (MIM) : University of St Thomas, Minnesota, USA (1991)
- Masters Degree in Business Administration (MBA) : University of St Thomas, Minnesota, USA (1992)
- Real Estate: The Minnesota School of Real Estate (Appraisals) (1992-1993)
- Bachelor of Law Honours (LLB Honours) from University of Buckingham , United Kingdom (2013)
- Masters in International and Commercial Law (LLM - World Trade Specialist) obtained a Merit: University of Buckingham, United Kingdom (2014)
- Keith is a Full Professional Property Valuer, registered with the South African Council for Property Valuers Profession (SACPVP), since 2001. Keith was the first black South African to be registered as an Associate Valuer in 1996.
- Keith is a member of the prestigious Honourable Society of the Inner Temple, London, United Kingdom: Admitted: 2014
- Keith has served on a number of boards and regulatory bodies in South Africa.
Morayo Atoki Prize for Best All -Round Performance in the 2014 Master of Laws (LLM) Examination .